Forum for the clean technologies in the Northern European Countries
The Nordic Cleantech Open competition is a forum for the Northern European Countries for technologies reducing or eliminating environmental harm and / or bringing environmental benefits
For 10 years the Nordic Cleantech Open competition has served as an observation tower for the up and coming cleantech innovation trends that will support the transition to a low carbon reality.
It is the competition for cleantech start-ups from the Nordic and Baltic regions, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Every year the 25 best and most innovative seed-stage cleantech start-ups are identified, with the main objective of putting their innovations in the spotlight to support and accelerate their development and growth, in a competition that is free for all participants.
Cleantech products and services contribute to one of the following objectives:
– Reduces or eliminates environmental harm; for example by pollution prevention and control, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions or unsustainable/inefficient use of natural resources, …
– Brings environmental benefits; for example, by protecting healthy ecosystems or improving the productive and sustainable use of natural resources.
Companies invited to participate are:
– Anyone looking to turn his or her cleantech idea into a successful business
– You have to own the rights to the idea with which you are entering the competition.
– A start-up that has received less than EUR 1,000,000 in external private financing (and some more considerations explained in the web site).
2021 timeline extends beteen the Application Phase (15th January to 16th May), Feedaback and Selection, Jury evaluation, and Events & networking. The Nordic Cleantech Open Finals & Cleantech Capital Day is beginning November. The 20th August where selected top 25 startups. One of them is HPNow, with a technology to generate hydrogen peroxide on-site. “HPNow is displacing today’s hazardous and emissions-intensive hydrogen peroxide production and supply chain, with a safe, sustainable, and autonomous on-site generation solution”, explains Hortibiz newsletter.
Nordic Cleantech Open